Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dreamy PB&J Oatmeal


Just popping in with an easy hot breakfast recipe. This steamy bowl combines tangy berries with a smattering of au natural peanut butter for a grown up version of the childhood favorite. A hearty scoop of nonfat greek yogurt is plopped in the center, with dabs of boysenberry jam topping it all off.



I dove into this after a chilly 4-mile morning run, and it warmed my belly and tickled my tongue with peanut butter (sometimes I just get insane peanut butter cravings- anyone feel me?) I tend to make oatmeal bowls like this quite often in the fall and winter, so perhaps you will be seeing a few more creative oat bowl recipes pop up within the next few months! 



Dreamy PB&J Oatmeal
Serves 1

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 tsp chia seeds or ground flax (optional)
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries 
  • 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt 
  • 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp berry jam (see note)
  • honey, agave, or stevia, to taste
Directions
  1. Mix oats, water, chia, and frozen berries together in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until oats are tender and much of the liquid has been absorbed.
  2. Top with yogurt, peanut butter, jam, and optional sweetener. Enjoy!
Notes: I used boysenberry jam, but grape, strawberry, or raspberry should all work well. I used granulated stevia (from BJ's) to sweeten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment