So, obviously I had to recreate this dressing. I modified the recipe from the wondrous kitchen wizard, Deb Perelman. I trust Deb's recipes like no other- she thoroughly tests and tweaks each one of her recipes multiple times, and describes herself as an obsessive home-cook. I have made many of her recipes and not a one has ever been subpar. They were all out-of-the park a-mazing.
Not only was I excited to make this recipe due to my hibachi dressing fanaticism, I was pumped to try out my new Cuisinart mini food processor that my parents got me for my birthday. (Thanks, Mom!) It's a beaut. It processed the carrots and onions in a jif, locked into place easily, and even has 2 little holes on top for drizzling in liquid as the machine is running. I'm in love.
I thought it would be fun to feature a bean salad for my salad-themed Vegan Mofo, so I mixed the dressing into a 3-bean salad featuring edamame, kidney beans, and black beans. Red onions, cukes, and celery are added for crunch.
Carrot-Ginger "Hibachi" Dressing
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly diced ginger
- hunk of red onion about 2" by 1"
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Blitz carrots, ginger, and onion in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add miso, vinegar, and sesame oil. Blitz.
- Slowly drizzle in oil and water while machine is running.
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- chopped red onion, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle with hibachi dressing, or your favorite dressing. Serve atop a bed of greens, or alongside some warm brown rice.