The bottom of this bowl is stuffed with ribbons of carrot that I created by using your typical hand-held vegetable peeler. Just perform the same action, only keep going until the entire carrot (or the majority of it- no finger endangerment, folks!) is turned into luxurious orange ribbons. I wish I captured a picture of these carrot ribbons, but by the time I photographed, they were already covered with other veggies.
Carrot ribbons are easier to chew than typical chunks of carrot, and because of this, their sweet, fresh flavor really shines through. They would be a fun, twirlable addition to a bowl of spaghetti or udon noodles, as well.
Here is the bowl, awaiting its pop of purple onions...
I also added a dollop of cashew cheez that I made, which consists of soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, sriracha sauce, and a dab of mustard for that cheesy acidity.
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Cowboy Caviar, or your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- a scoop of cashew cheez (see recipe below)
- a sprinkle of red onions
- salt & pepper
- Use a regular peeler to turn the carrot into ribbons. Just keep peelin'!
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix and devour.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for a few hours in water
- 1-2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, to taste
- Drain cashews. Add all ingredients to blender, plus 3 tbsp water.
- Blend up!